Friday, September 14, 2012

Another day another dollar

     As I worked my life away yet again today I realized that I might as well make the best of it, even if it's almost impossible to make the best of serving other people and taking shit from them. I literally tried to turn each customer into someone I would like to talk to and hang out with in my mind so that maybe I would be able to throw on a fake smile long enough for them to throw me a buck or two... pathetic I know. Tonight however I realized something, you have to make the best of everything and can't just sulk and be miserable because in the end when you go home you are going to still be that miserable person and no one wants to be around that. I also realized that I needed to take more days off to spend some time with friends, family and of course my girlfriend, but that is another topic entirely. When it comes down to it, no matter what you do for a living whether it be teaching children, cleaning up after people or running a million dollar company if you can't have a good time and put a smile on your going to be no better than you were the day before. Life does not hand you what you want, you have to work for it and this is just one step you can take at achieving your goals because not everyday will be full of rainbows and farts.

No comments:

Post a Comment